Amoxiclav tablets: dosage and method of application
The dosage regimen is set individually depending on the age, body weight, kidney function of the patient, as well as the severity of the infection..
Amoxiclav is recommended to be taken at the beginning of a meal for optimal absorption and to reduce possible side effects from the digestive system.
The course of treatment is 5-14 days. The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the attending physician
Treatment should not last more than 14 days without a second medical examination.
Adults and children 12 years of age and older or weighing 40 kg or more
For the treatment of infections of mild to moderate severity – 1 tablet 250 mg + 125 mg every 8 hours (3 times a day).
For the treatment of severe infections and respiratory infections – 1 tablet 500 mg + 125 mg every 8 hours (3 times a day) or 1 tablet 875 mg + 125 mg every 12 hours (2 times a day).
Since tablets of a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid of 250 mg + 125 mg and mg contain the same amount of clavulanic acid – 125 mg, 2 tablets of 250 mg + 125 mg are not equivalent to 1 tablet of 500 mg + 125 mg.
Patients with impaired renal function
Dose adjustment is based on the maximum recommended dose of amoxicillin and is based on creatinine clearance (QC).
Patients with impaired liver function
Amoxiclav® should be taken with caution. Regular monitoring of liver function is necessary..
Does not require correction of the dosage regimen for elderly patients. In elderly patients with impaired renal function, the dose should be adjusted as for adult patients with impaired renal function..
When Augmentin is prescribed?
The main indications for the appointment of Augmentin tablets * buy augmentin 875 mg * are:
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract and nasopharynx of inflammatory and infectious origin – sinusitis, inflammation of the middle ear, inflammation of the pharyngeal tonsils, pharyngitis, bronchitis caused by pathogenic microorganisms sensitive to the drug components (streptococci, staphylococci);
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the lower respiratory tract – recurrent chronic bronchitis, bronchopneumonia, inflammatory diseases of the lung tissue;
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system caused by species of the bacterial family Enterobacteria coli Escherichia, staphylococcus saprophyticus, enterococci, gonococci – inflammatory processes of the bladder, inflammatory and infectious processes of the ureters, inflammation of the renal tissue (interstitial nephritis, pyelonephritis, gonadrosis);
- Pustular diseases of the skin – pyoderma, boils, carbuncles and other lesions;
- Infectious processes of joints and bones – osteomyelitis caused by the staphylococcus family;
- Complications after a difficult birth or abortion are endometritis, salpingoophoritis, and other diseases of the female reproductive system, resulting from the penetration of pathogenic pathogens into the body. Often, inflammatory diseases of the uterus and its appendages can develop as a result of dishonestly performed diagnostic manipulations – historoscopy, uterine sounding, diagnostic curettage of the uterine cavity, artificial termination of pregnancy, etc..
One of the indications for the appointment of Augmentin tablets is also mixed abdominal infections as part of complex therapy with other drugs..
Miramistin for urethritis
Miramistin urethritis how to apply? This drug is allowed to be used only after the recommendation of a doctor. The use of the drug will be as indicated below. When a person becomes ill with urethritis, drug treatment with pills is first prescribed. But, it is also possible to carry out therapeutic therapy by using local drugs. Miramistin is the drug that speeds up the healing process several times.
The tool fights directly with the infection, that is, an antiseptic effect. They have a wide spectrum of effects on pathogenic microorganisms. Therefore, he is, by the way, with a disease such as urethritis. The composition includes such elements that directly destroy them from the body as a whole, and from the urethra in particular. Such pathogens can be:
- Fungal and yeast bacteria.
- Bacteria of gram-positive and gram-negative origin.
- Viral agents.
- Protozoa bacteria.
How to use miramistin for urethritis? The use of this drug is quite simple. But for women it is applied according to one technique, for men according to another. This is due to the anatomical features of these genders. The mechanism of action of miramistin is that it stops the growth and reproduction of pathogenic microflora. And finally, it completely destroys their activity in the human body and in the urethra in particular. It is important that it provokes the development of the immune system, which favorably affects the patient’s fastest recovery. One of the positive aspects of this drug is that it is used in various forms of urethritis (chronic, acute).
Miramistin for urethritis in men how to use? The methodology of the procedure is not particularly difficult. In order to rinse the penis of the urethral canal, you need to take a syringe with a volume of 20 milliliters. If you have to process the posterior urethra – 130 milliliters. It is not a needle that is put on the syringe, but a special medical tube. And they recruit directly miramistin.
The first stage: the man should lie on his back and put a towel under the lower back so that the pelvic section is on a hill, while the legs should be apart and bent at the knees.
Second stage: before the introduction of the rubber tube, the head of the penis is treated with a special antiseptic.
The third stage: the urethra is directly pushed apart, and a tube 1 cm deep is installed. If you wash the back section, then the tube must be brought up to 1.5 centimeters. The drug must be administered slowly, you can say drip.
In men, miramistin with urethritis – only positive reviews. The introduction is less traumatic. But of course, it feels not very nice.
Miramistin for urethritis in women how to use? By its mechanism of drug administration, it does not differ in any way from men. But there are small features and differences:
- For washing, you need not 20 ml as in men, but only 4 milliliters. This is due to a short urination channel..
- A special glass tube is used to prevent backflow of liquid. This application is due to the weak sphincter of the urethra. Introduced by 6 millimeters.
- The duration of the procedures is not more than 9 days. The drug is administered twice a day. Miramistin for urethritis in women only positive reviews.
The history of antibiotics began with the discovery of the English scientist Alexander Fleming, who discovered the antimicrobial properties of the active substance of the fungus Penicillum notatum. In 1940, Ernst Chain and Howard Flory isolated the compound he described in pure form and named it penicillin. Since then, the drug began to be used in medical practice..
In the 1950s it was found that the structural unit of penicillin is the β-lactam ring. This discovery made possible the synthesis of new antibacterial drugs. So, in 1960, methicillin was obtained, in 1961 – ampicillin, and in 1962 – amoxicillin. The latter differed from its predecessors in improved pharmacokinetic characteristics and higher antibacterial activity..
All penicillins were effective against a wide range of infectious diseases, but over time they caused the emergence of resistant strains of microorganisms. This effect was explained by the ability of bacteria to produce β-lactamases – special enzymes that destroy the β-lactam rings of antibiotics.
The search for substances capable of neutralizing the action of harmful enzymes has been carried out by various scientists since 1956. But the first success was achieved only in 1970 by employees of the British pharmaceutical company Beecham Pharmaceuticals (now GlaxoSmithKline). From the culture of Streptomyces clavuligeris, they isolated the first β-lactamase blocker – clavulanic acid. By combining the drug with amoxicillin, the developers received an inhibitor-protected antibiotic, which resistant bacteria strains were sensitive to. The drug was launched on the market in 1984 under the brand name Augmentin..
In the mid-1980s Research on the production of β-lactamase blockers has also completed the Slovenian pharmaceutical company Lek. Her biochemists managed to develop their own cell culture for the synthesis of clavulanic acid. In 1989, the company registered a generic Augmentin, called Amoxiclav.
Control tests after treatment of genital infections in women
Why re-take tests after the end of therapy?
Patients who have been treated for STDs often refuse them. http://healthfully.com/what-is-augmentin-625mg-4546628.html Doctors say this step is a mistake..
Control tests are recommended to be carried out regularly during the entire treatment. This is necessary to control the process of therapy..
Indeed, many pathogenic microorganisms are able to form drug resistance to the effects of various medications. To timely determine the development of sustainability, carry out control studies. And, if necessary, change the therapy. What else explains the need for regular testing during the treatment period?
The doctor needs to monitor whether any new pathogens have appeared in the woman’s body.
For the treatment of which will require the appointment of new drugs. Also, regular diagnostics make sure that there are no latent infections in the body. Which could be activated due to a decrease in the body’s defenses.
Performing follow-up tests at the end of the course of therapy is a kind of guarantee that the treatment was successful. If the tests are negative, a woman can safely consider herself completely healthy..